The PlayStation 4 (PS4) has undoubtedly been a gaming powerhouse, providing countless hours of entertainment for gamers around the world. However, like any piece of technology, it’s not immune to occasional glitches.
One frustrating issue that some PS4 users have encountered is the problem of discs being ejected unexpectedly during gameplay or even when the console is off. In this article, we will explore various methods to address the “PS4 disc keeps ejecting” issue and get you back to enjoying your gaming experience.
Understanding the Problem
The PS4 disc ejection issue has left many users scratching their heads. Discs may be ejected spontaneously during gameplay, or the console might turn on by itself and eject the disc without any input. This can be highly disruptive and affect your gaming experience. Fortunately, there are several approaches to tackle this problem and prevent future occurrences.
Temporary Solutions from Sony
Sony, the manufacturer of the PS4, acknowledges the issue and offers a temporary solution through an official video guide. This method involves the following steps:
- Hold down the power button for several seconds until the PS4 beeps twice.
- Unplug the power cable from the console and the electrical outlet.
- Wait for about three minutes.
- Plug the power cable back in and turn on the console.
- Rebuild the databases from the Safe Mode menu.
While this solution might provide some relief, it doesn’t always offer a permanent fix.
Some resourceful gamers have come up with their own solutions to combat the persistent disc ejection issue:
- Adjusting Console Position: One suggestion is to stand the PS4 upright on top of game cases. This can prevent the middle rubber foot of the console from repeatedly pressing the eject button, potentially minimizing the problem.
- Tightening the Eject Screw: A more definitive fix involves manually tightening a loose screw that triggers the disc ejection mechanism. To perform this fix:
- Remove the PS4’s hard drive cover.
- Locate the loose screw responsible for the ejection.
- Rotate the screw clockwise a couple of times.
- Reassemble the hard drive cover.
Importantly, this method is claimed not to void the console’s warranty since only the hard drive cover is being accessed.
Dealing with a PS4 that constantly ejects discs can be a frustrating experience, but it’s not an insurmountable problem. From official Sony recommendations to DIY fixes, there are various methods to address the issue and get your console back in working order.
Always remember to exercise caution when attempting DIY fixes to avoid causing further damage or voiding warranties. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to Sony’s customer support for professional assistance. In the end, finding the right solution can help you regain control over your gaming experience and continue enjoying the world of virtual adventures.